I have trained at the London College of Clinical Hypnotherapy and am a member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis. I use an integrative approach combining hypnotherapy with CBT, psychodynamic therapy, EMDR and mindfulness, depending on the problem, the person and the stage of the therapy.
After working for a charity in drug prevention and counselling, I completed a Diploma on addiction at the University Hospital of Paul Brousse in Paris, France. I have also work for the NHS as a secondary care stop smoking advisor.
In the course of my studies, I have discovered Mindfulness. Not only did it help me being more grounded, but I found it very beneficial for my patients. This is when I decided to train as an MBSR group facilitator. I have a particular interrest in mindfulness and pain management and and in preventing depression and anxiety.
LLM Exeter University, Clinical Hypnotherapist (BSCH), Diploma in Addictions (University Hospital Paul Brousse, Paris), MBSR trainer (Université Libre de Bruxelles), MBCT trainer (APPEA), Certificate in Counselling (CLER)
Having practised various forms of meditation for most of my life, I came to mindfulness some years ago while experiencing severe inner ear dizziness. It was then that I came really to understand the importance of using the body to affect the mind and the mind the body. I now enjoy sharing the practice with others through participation in weekly groups, courses and workshops. Having completed Level 2 teacher training with London Meditation, I facilitate the MBSR course, adhering to good practice guidelines.
With a background in education, I have a particular interest in how mindfulness can help young people, parents and teachers to develop well-being and resilience and have trained with the Mindfulness in Schools Project to work with both primary and secondary school students and with staff members. With over thirty years’ teaching experience in state secondary schools, I aim to facilitate the courses in a way that is authentic, intuitive and engaging and enjoy seeing how mindfulness-based approaches can help people to develop the skills needed to flourish.
• Level 2 Teaching Practicum (Ready to Teach MBSR) London Meditation
• Interpersonal Mindfulness (Communication) London Meditation
• ACFT (Awareness Coaching Foundation Training) London Meditation
• MiSP training to teach the .b curriculum to secondary school students, the Paws b curriculum to primary school students and the .b Foundations curriculum to school staff
• Certificate in Counselling, The Lincoln Clinic and Centre for Psychotherapy, (now part of the BPF)
• MA English Language and Literature University of Oxford
• MA Eighteenth-Century Studies King’s College London
• PGCE University of Bristol
• Employed by a London school to teach Paws b, .b, & .b Foundations to students and staff