Everyone cares about how their personal information is stored and used. We at Mindfulness Wimbledon would like to reassure you that we take data protection very seriously.
Where we get your personal data
We only ever collect personal data that you have freely given to us. This includes personal data that you provide to us when:
• contacting us about courses and events;
• applying to take a course with us;
• taking a course with us; and/or
• otherwise communicating with us.
It may also include personal data about you that we acquire and record during a course (for example if there is an accident or other incident).
In providing personal data to us you consent to our using it in accordance with this policy.
What we keep and why we need it
We need to have:
• your name;
• your email address;
• your postal address; and/or
• a contact telephone number for you
so that we can communicate with you about courses and/or events that you are attending and to tell you about further courses and/or events that might interest you.
Once you have attended a course or event, we will ask for your permission to add your email address to our mailing list. We will, at this point, delete your postal address and also your telephone number unless you would like us to keep them. You could ask us also to delete your email address if you so wish and, if we hear nothing from you within a 12-month period of first receiving it, it will also be deleted.
Our aim is simply to be able to communicate with you during the period we are working together and to stay in touch with you should you so wish.
When applying for one of our courses or events, we will send you a form by email or to your postal address requesting some further information, including your age and certain health information, to help inform the interview we will have with you by Skype or telephone or in person. This is to be sure that the course would be beneficial for you and to make sure we are aware of any particular issues you may have such as a hearing problem. This form will be in the form of a Word document. There will be the option of filling this in and sending it back by email which we will then print out, deleting the email and not keeping a copy of the form on a computer. Please note that, unless messages are encrypted, your messages could potentially be read by someone else. If you wish to password protect answers to our health and wellbeing questions when emailing them back to us, provide us with a password to the document by text at the time of writing.
It will also be possible to print out the form or to collect a paper copy from us, fill it in and post it back to us (or to an address nominated by us) in a sealed envelope. Alternatively, we can collect this information when we speak via Skype or on the telephone. Forms will also be available at the introductory mornings. Any information gathered will be stored confidentially in paper form and will be kept securely for 4 years after the end of the course after which it will be shredded
We may use personal data about you in order to:
• administer your participation in courses and events (including administration of payments and maintenance of accounting records);
• provide the courses and events in which you participate;
• seek feedback and analyse and assess our courses (generally using data in an anonymised form);
• comply with our legal obligations and any applicable laws and regulations;
• enforce our rights and defend ourselves from claims; and/or
• consider and respond to any concern or dispute you may raise.
We use our website to make ourselves known to you. The website is hosted by a third party provider called Webstarts. We do not use the website to collect personal data, although the site does collect IP addresses and location data and it uses “cookies” to do so.
Data protection legislation
We, Bénédicte Long and Clare Morgan, are individually and together data controllers for the purposes of data protection legislation (GDPR 2018) in relation to any personal data about that you we may hold or process for the purposes of Mindfulness Wimbledon. It is our policy:
• to tell you how we will collect and use your personal data;
• not to ask you for more personal data than we need;
• only to collect and use your personal data where we have lawful grounds and/or legitimate reasons to do so;
• not to use your personal data otherwise than as described in this policy, sell or otherwise disclose it to any third party or transfer it outside the UK or the EEA, except with your consent or as required by law or a regulatory body;
• to use reasonable measures and controls to help keep your personal data secure and to protect it from unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, destruction or damage;
• to observe your rights under privacy and data protection laws and to ensure that, if you have a query about privacy issues, it is dealt with promptly and transparently; and
• to consider and respond to a concern or dispute you have raised.
Please note that providing data to us by email is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of personal data that you send in this way. This is done at your own risk.
We may change this policy from time to time. A copy of the policy current from time to time will be available on our website at www.mindfulnesswimbledon so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below. However, this may limit our ability to provide you with the benefit of our courses and events.
Bénédicte Long Clare Morgan
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07915 498875 Tel: 07796 263121